Thursday, April 11, 2024

The Progressive Ara (Blog #6)


    When first coming across these ANTIWAR.COM and The American Conservative pages I was shocked. I was shocked at the copious amount of news stories and information there is. Being able to see some titles of news stories about actual realities of the world pertaining to foreign and domestic issues. 

    I do question most of the time why I can never find any news articles like these on shared in ANTIWAR.COM and The American Conservative. When observing the news article tittles I became very intrigued for example story’s like “Three People Killed in Russian Air Attacks on Ukraine's Kharkiv Region”. This title that does not come across media outlets has accurate up to date information regarding the war going on over in Ukraine/ Russia. I feel that major news outlets cover the wrong types of issues.

    I believe why websites like these are one not that apparent is because the U.S government wants to keep big events like these covered up in a way. This censoring does not allow for individuals have dialogue about real issues. This would in turn bring U.S citizens more aware of what is happening domestically and foreign matters. Keeping the population questioning and applying pressure on policy makers to make sure it the best for the country.

I believe the seeking for a website that is obscure is going to provide the most useful information regarding to present day issues. These topics of “antiwar voices” provide a great amount of controversy between political affiliations, world views, and other interests. I believe that the information provided from the authors is non censored, expressing freedom of speech, writing with ability to sometimes add their own opinion on these matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post (Blog #11)

Footprints On The Motherboard      Technology is encompassed in every individual’s daily life. When talking about my usage of technology I ...